Wow! I have been nominated for two awards. The Versatile Blogger and the Reader Appreciation Awards. How cool is that? I have only been doing this blog for a few months and it amazes me that people who are not my friends and family are interested in my ramblings and occasional rant.
I am going to combine the awards into one post so here goes…
for The Versatile Blogger:
When you receive this award you have four things that are required of you.
1) Thank the one who nominated you and link them…..
2)Nominate 15 fellow bloggers
3) Tell them that they have been nominated…
4) Tell 7 things about yourself…
for The Reader Appreciation.
1. Include the award logo somewhere in your blog.
2. Answer these 10 questions, below, for fun if you want to.
3. Nominate 10 to 12 blogs you enjoy. Or you pick the number.
4. Pay the love forward: Provide your nominee’s link in your post and comment on their blog to let them know they’ve been included and invited to participate.
5. Pay the love back with gratitude and a link to the blogger(s) who nominated you.
The Versatile Blogger goes to:
- supertucksmama: You will fall in love with this pint size super hero and his Mama.
- west end baby: Little Bug and her Mummy live in the west end of Glasgow.
- Monkey Soup: A birth, step and adoptive Mummy of five girls. You have to admire her!
- Yarning to Write: The blog from one of my favourite authors Amy Lane.
Reader Appreciation goes to:
- My Little Green Thumbs: A Mummy of two, (soon to be three) who loves plants and her pool.
- Life in the Last Frontier: A couple living in Alaska with their gorgeous adopted son.
- Defining Motherhood: A mum of two trying to make sense of the madness.
- Mommy Mind Trip: Get ready for a good belly laugh with this blog.
Seven things about me:
- I studied ceramics, art history and business at Plymouth College of Art and Design.
- I have never lived on my own.
- As a student I was paid to be in a police line up.
- I was married 19 years before becoming a Mummy.
- I have had a crush on Duran Duran’s John Taylor for 30 years.
- I would love to own a miniature Dachshund.
- I don’t own a single Apple item.
1. What is your favorite color? Orange
2. What is your favorite animal? Rabbits – at the moment. But if Nibbles keeps living up to his name that might change!
3. What is your favorite non-alcoholic drink? St. Clements – orange juice and bitter lemon with lots of ice.
4. Do you prefer Facebook or Twitter? Facebook
5. What is your favorite pattern? Polkadots
6. Do you prefer getting or giving presents? Giving.
7. What is your favorite number? 4
8. What is your favorite day of the week? Sunday – the only day we are all home together.
9. What is your favorite flower? Marigold or pansy.
10. What’s your passion? Writing.
I know I have fallen short on the amount of nominations… but quality over quantity, or so the saying goes.
Thank you again Gwenael and Lane for the nominations. I was pleased and touched that you both enjoy my blog enough to nominate me.